The advanced 8-thread Evolution serger brings you the latest evolution in threading technology with ExtraordinAir™ threading. With just one push of a button, ExtraordinAir™ takes your thread through all three loopers at once, instantly, with a gust of air. Plus, you can thread the Evolution in any order. Eliminate tensions and puckering with the patented Automatic Thread Delivery System™. Combine chain and overlock stitches to form up to 8-thread stitches.
- ExtraordinAir™ Threading – With just a gust of air, ExtraordinAir takes thread through all loopers instantly. Threading has never been this fast, easy or extraordinary.
- Automatic Thread delivery System – Set the Evolution to the type of stitch you want and serge. The Evolution will deliver a balanced stitch on any fabric with any type of thread. It even goes from one fabric type to another without skipping.
- Tubular Loopers – Imagine no exposed thread and no thread guides. The Baby Lock Evolution allows you to thread in any order. Set the Evolution to the type of stitch you want and serge.
- Looper Drive System – This exclusive Looper Drive System prevents loopers from becoming misaligned or out of time, reducing the possibility of major looper damage. This protects your machine from needing repairs, allowing you to serge worry free!
- Advanced Knife Driving & One-Way Clutch System – Baby Lock created a knife system with a larger cutting bite that allows thicker fabrics to be cut with ease and increased visibility.
- Full-Featured, Single Unit Differential Feed – Baby Lock took the differential feed mechanism to a new level by adding a single unit feed dog mechanism. This ensures stronger feeding as well as more consistent gathering on all fabrics.
- Dial Adjustable Stitch Length & Automatic Rolled Hem – Stitch length can be easily adjusted on a Baby Lock serger using one dial. This dial includes an Automatic Rolled Hem setting that will retract the built-in stitch width finger for a rolled hem finish.
- Stitch width: 1.5 mm – 7.5 mm, up to 16 mm wide on Expressive stitches
- Stitch length: 0.75 – 4 mm
- Fabric Support System – Baby Lock’s ExtraordinAir™ sergers include a Fabric Support System to keep stitches flat and balanced, no matter what speed, fabric or stitch you choose. The built-in stitch fingers actually move with the knife blade, adjusting the seam consecutively with the cutting width.
- Vertical Needle Penetration – While most machines use slanted needles that push and damage fabric, Baby Lock’s needles are set vertically and sew directly up and down. This exclusive feature protects your fabric and prevents needle deflection.
- Chain/cover stitch functions include single, double and triple cover stitch
- Chain/Cover Tension Disks – Baby Lock revolutionized the cover stitch with the Evolution, which functions include chain, cover and triple cover stitches. All three cover needles are controlled by one tension dial, so you can save time with one simple adjustment.
- 8/7/6 Thread Stitch Capacity – The Evolution, with 8 threads, provides more stitch combinations than ever before – 87 in all! The Evolution was also the first serger in the world to combine overlocking and cover stitching in the same operation.
- Cover Stitch Chaining Off – Baby Lock has made cover stitching easy to start or stop by automatically chaining off the cover stitch. What’s more, the Evolution sews through heavier fabrics better than most cover stitch machines.
- Exclusive Wave Stitch and Reverse Wave Stitch for additional stitch options
- Thread Delivery Unit for the Wave Stitch – For a stitch as unique as the Wave Stitch, Baby Lock wanted to ensure that each one would be even with the next. To do so, they created a thread delivery unit to give each one a flawless look.
- Overlock stitch functions to seam and encase fabric edges
- Flatlock stitch functions for seaming or decorative effects
- Up to 1,500 stitches per minute
- Built-in thread cutter
- Built-in ribbon/tape guide
- Pure Lighting with 3 LED lights
- Built-in accessory storage
- Snap-on, multi-purpose presser foot
- Quick reference threading guide
- Flat table for chain/cover stitching
- Lint brush/needle insert tool
- Assorted needle pack
- Assorted screwdrivers
- And More!
- Easy full-color threading chart
- Household Needle System (HAx1SP, 130/705H, ELx705CF)
- 25-year limited
- 10-year parts
- 5-year electrical
- 1-year labor
- Optional Gold Standard Comprehensive Care Program