Independence Day is almost here and we’re Celebrating America with this Americana Quilt, a beginner quilting project! With the right fabric selection, this simple quilt is a fun play on the American flag.
If you can cut and sew straight lines, you can make a quilt with massive patriotic impact. This quilt square is constructed from contrasting and complimentary fabrics in red, white and blue. Combine as many squares as you want for a quilt of any size.
As shown, the quilt is a great size for a statement wall hanging or a lap throw quilt. But, don’t be constrained by what you see here — get ambitious and take this pattern edge to edge on your bed (or as a gift to someone who loves America as much as you!).
- Baby Lock® Coronet quilting machine
- Baby Lock Lyric sewing machine
- Color 1 blue stars fabric (fat quarters) cut 1 square at 9 7/8”
- Color 2 assorted reds (fat quarters) cut 5 squares at 3 7/8”
- Color 3 assorted white prints (fat quarters) cut seven squares at 3 7/8”
- 1/2 Yard of blue striped fabric for sashing
- 1 Yard of small blue print for sashing and binding
- Thread for piecing – visit your local B-Sew Inn and save on thread
- Quilting Thread
- Batting – BOGO FREE on all Quilter’s Select batting, while supplies last, thru July 31, 2017 at your favorite B-Sew Inn
- Backing fabric
- Rotary cutter and mat
- 3” x 18” Straight edge ruler
- Basic sewing supplies
Download the complete instructions for the Americana Quilt, click here.