Don't let your new serger be intimidating! Start with an easy serger project that will leave you with a successful first project and want you serging more!
Whip up this fun glasses case in no time with your Baby Lock serger!
Skill Level: Beginner
Created by: Stephanie Struckmann, Video Coordinator Administrator
- Baby Lock® Imagine serger
- 4 Spools serger thread -- available at your local B-Sew Inn
- Soft or medium weight fabric: Two pieces – 8.5” length x 8” width
- Fusible Interfacing: One piece – 8.5” x 8” (Baby Lock Ultra Soft Stabilizer recommended)
- Fuse interfacing to one layer of fabric. Set Imagine serger up for a 4-thread Overlock stitch.
- Take the two pieces of fabric and place them pretty sides together. Serge the two layers along the top edge (one of the 8” sides).
- Open up the 2 layers and press the seam down flat in between the 2 layers.
- Fold in half, pretty sides together. Serge the long side. Then, serge the lower edge.
- Tie knots on all three serger thread corners. Clip close to the knots and turn right side out. Done!