Baby Lock is committed to developing the most feature-rich sewing, quilting, and serger machines on the market. For the past 50 years they’ve been advancing their machine’s capabilities based on feedback from you — they’re customers and enthusiasts! In 2016 and 2017 Baby Lock has released upgrades to their top-of-line sewing and embroidery machine, Destiny (and Destiny II). So, what are these upgrades all about?
Destiny Upgrade Kit (released Aug. 2016)
This software upgrade introduces 10 editable embroidery fills that give quilters greater power to explore topstitching with the included 9-1/2″ x 9-1/2″ hoop. Dozens of stunning new embroidery shapes and designs are added to the repertoire along with candlewicking and chain stitch options every sewer can appreciate.
With this upgrade you can:
- Group embroidery – select and group multiple embroidery designs to edit as a single design
- 9-1/2″ x 9-1/2″ hoop – the perfect size for quilt blocks!
- 10 decorative fills
- 60 decorative outline shapes
- 2 outline stitch options — candlewick and chain stitch
- 20 new embroidery designs
- 1 new font – vine alaphbet
- Multi-line text justification
- Color sort capabilities
- Customized fill placement around decorative designs
- Add stippling instantly around embroidery designs
Destiny and Destiny II Upgrade Kit (released Sept. 2017)
Take your Destiny and Destiny II creative capabilities to a new level with this all-new software upgrade. You’ll find loads of new embroidery designs along with fonts, monograms, and fills. Plus, Baby Lock has added some great new features for the presser foot!
This upgrade includes:
- 70 decorative embroidery designs
- 3 monograms
- 5 fonts – including one split letter font
- 5 decorative fills (requires the Destiny upgrade, BLDY-U, described above for use)
- Progress bar – allows you to easily manage forward and backward stitching
- Stitch Simulator – in Preview, this allows you to visualize how the design will be embroidered
While we love the additional embroidery features, we’re really excited about the new pressure foot functions!
New presser foot functions – keep your hands on your project for more precise sewing and time saving benefits:
- Raise and lower presser foot and trim with multi-fuction foot controller
- Auto presser foot lift (up, down and trim) – Set the presser foot to automatically raise after trimming; begin sewing while your presser foot is raised and your foot will lower automatically
- Pivoting will remain in the “on” position, once selected, after the machine has powered off
Do you have to upgrade?
If you haven’t already purchased the Destiny Upgrade (BLDY-U), mentioned first. Now is the time to buy! We’re making offers too good to refuse on this feature-packed upgrade — visit one of our 5 B-Sew Inn locations for more information and pricing.
You do NOT need the first upgrade for the second upgrade to work. That’s right, you can skip the first upgrade and go straight to the second one mentioned, Destiny II Upgrade (BLDY-U2). Please note, if you skip the first, you will not be able to take advantage of the 5 decorative fills that have been added. These will only work if you have the first upgrade installed on your Destiny.
When can you get your hands on the latest Destiny II Upgrade?
We’ve placed our order and the Destiny II upgrades will start arriving in September. Your orders will be filled first-come-first-served, so get your order in today to ensure you receive your upgrade ASAP! But, have no fear, we’ve ordered enough for everyone!