AccuQuilt GO! Bird & Birdhouse 55604
The GO! Bird & Birdhouse Die is just what every quilter and crafter needs for their spring projects – but don’t stop there! You’re sure to love creating with this die all year long – it’s a sweet “tweet” for sure!
Why Quilters Love the GO! Bird & Birdhouse Die:
• Create charming bird-themed projects for anyone who loves birds, birdhouses, gardening and flowers. Have fun creating an adorable birdhouse to add to your favorite sewing projects. Combine with the GO! Square-8½” (8″ Finished) (55058) for a background square and the GO! Birds (55324) die.
• No templates required! The GO! Bird & Birdhouse die includes 8 applique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand: Birdhouse, Roof, Base, Perch, Window, Bird, Wing, Eye/Circle.
• Quickly and easily cut four of each prefused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
• Cut Bird & Birdhouse shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
• A great way to use up scraps.
• Includes free embroidery download with 3 stitches ($22 value).
• Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
• Fat Quarter-friendly
How to Die Cut Bird & Birdhouse Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué. Place fabric on die right sides together to cut pairs.
• Birdhouse: Cut and fuse 6½” x 5½” rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 7 birdhouses across the width of fabric. One yard of 40″ wide fabric cuts 35 birdhouses.
• Roof: Cut and fuse 57/8″ x 31/8″ rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 12 roofs across the width of fabric. One yard of 40″ wide fabric cuts 72 roofs.
• Base: Cut and fuse 4¼” x 7/8″ rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 45 bases across the width of fabric. One yard of 40″ wide fabric cuts 360 bases.
• Window/Circle: Cut and fuse 1¾” squares. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 22 windows/circles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40″ wide fabric cuts 440 windows/circles.
• Bird: Cut and fuse 3¼” x 17/8″ rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 21 birds across the width of fabric. One yard of 40″ wide fabric cuts 231 birds.
• Perch, Wing, Eye/Circle: Place scraps on blade and cut.
• Cut Size: Birdhouse 5″W x 6″H (12.7 cm x 15.2 cm), Roof 53/8″W x 25/8″H (13.7 cm x 6.7 cm), Base 3¾”W x 3/8″H (9.5 cm, 1 cm), Perch 1¼”W x ¼”H (3.2 cm x .6 cm), Window/Circle 1¼” (3.2 cm), Bird 2¾”W x 13/8″H (7 m x 3.5 cm), Wing 1″W x ½” (2.5 cm x 1.3 cm), Eye/Circle 1/8″ (.3 cm).
• Finished Size: 5½”W x 6″H finished (14 cm x 15.2 cm).
Skill Level: Intermediate
Works with: AccuQuilt GO! Big, GO!, GO! Baby or GO! Me
Die Board Size: 6″ x 12″
Cutting Mat Size: 6″ x 12″
Availability: In stock