Accuquilt GO! Tree of Life – (14″ Finished) 55588
This Block on Board die is truly a reason for celebration. It has screen-printed letters and specialized dog ears, which make it a cinch to create this classic block. AccuQuilt’s unique design even makes it possible to cut the entire block in just one pass through a GO! cutter and to create this block without sewing the traditional Y-seam construction. Explore the many possibilities this die offers for projects galore! Why Quilters Love the GO! Tree of Life Die:
• Tree of Life is a Block on Board®(BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 3-color, 14″ block in one pass through the cutter.
• No templates! No special rulers! Tree of Life includes 17 shapes that can be difficult and time-consuming to cut by hand largely due to the 73 pieces needed to create the block.
• The Tree of Life block is ideal for creating heritage or keepsake quilts.
• Tree of Life features specialized dog-ears and includes ¼” seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
• Tree of Life includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes. • Packaging includes step-by-step sewing instructions to make constructing the block easy. Plus, a free pattern to get you started.
• Fat Quarter-friendly• Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Tree of Life designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
How to Die Cut 3-Color Tree of Life Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 3-color 14″ block in one pass through the cutter
• Fabric Color 1:
– For 4 A shapes: Cut four 2¾” squares. Place right side up over shape A to cut.
– For 28 B shapes: Cut three 13½” x 31⁄8″ rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B to cut. (There will be two extra shapes.)
– For 1 F shape: Cut one 4½” square. Place right side up over shape F to cut.
• Fabric Color 2:
– For 2 A shapes: Cut two 2¾” squares. Place right side up over shape A to cut.
– For 20 B shapes: Cut two 13½” x 31⁄8″ rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B to cut.
– For 2 C, D and G shapes: Cut two 9¾” x 7½” fanfolded rectangles to get mirrored G shapes.
• Fabric Color 3:
– For 8 B shapes: Cut one 13½” x 31⁄8″ rectangle. Place right side up over shapes B to cut. (There will be two extra shapes.)
– For 1 E and F shapes: Cut one 71⁄8″ x 55⁄8″ rectangle. Place right side up over shapes E and F to cut.
– For 2 H shapes: Cut two 33⁄8″ x 2¼” rectangles. Place right side up over shape H to cut.
• Finished Size: 14″ Finished Block (35.6 cm)
Skill Level: Intermediate
Works with: AccuQuilt GO! Big or GO!Die
Board Size: 10″ x 24″
Cutting Mat Size: 10″ x 24″ mat (55113) (not included)
Warranty: 1-year limited
Out of stock