The BERNINA Q 20 comes standard as a sit-down model machine. The generous freearm depth and height provide ample space for managing your larger quilts.
• Stitch Regulation for perfect stitches
• 20″ throat space for big quilt projects
• Unique digital thread tension adjustment
• Easy threading, independent bobbin winder
• Built-in needle threader
Table for BERNINA Q 20: Form and Function
The BERNINA Q20 comes standard as a sit-down model machine. The table is designed to elegantly handle the speed and weight of the Q 20 for optimal performance with style.
Different desktop colors are available.
• Table size basic: 36″ x 45″
• Table size expanded: 36″ 77″
• Working height: 30″
• Total weight incl. Q 20: 265 lbs
• Generous storage space
Hand-guided quilting made easy
- Precise stitches no matter which speed
- Three different modes for full flexibility
- Simple customization via touch screen
Thanks to the integrated BERNINA Longarm Stitch Regulator you achieve perfect stitches at equal-length no matter which speed. A manual mode with no stitch regulation is also available.
Unique user interface
- Simple-to-navigate touch screen
- Individual settings for full comfort
- Built-in tutorials offer full assistance
Totally customizable, the user interface includes useful functions, such as five user profiles, a stitch counter, and built-in tutorials regarding maintenance.
Quilting without the foot control
- Fatigue-free quilting whenever you like
- Enjoy full comfort and relax your foot
- Perfect for creating large projects
The KickStart function allows you to quilt continuously without having to hold down the foot control. The KickStart function can be easily activated or deactivated via touch screen.
Fast threading and winding
- Threading becomes a child’s play
- Enjoy comfort all the way
- Wind your own bobbin in no time
The well-positioned spool holders and forward threading path are easy to reach and simple to follow. The on-board bobbin winder makes it convenient to wind your own bobbins.
Unique thread tension control
- Adjust thread tension digitally
- Presser foot tension release for threading ease
- No external tension assembly required
The exclusive tension system features numeric tension settings making it very easy to use a wide range of thread types with success, no external tension assembly required.
Beautiful stitches every time
- Achieve precise stitching results
- Stitches are always consistent
- Perfection is the new standard
With high-speed precision stitching up to 2,200 stitches per minute, you will complete more quilts quicker than ever.
- Full operation from the front
- Different table options available
- Easy manual needle positioning
The machine can be fully operated from the front. The handwheel in the front allows for easy manual needle positioning. Choose between different table options to best suit your preferences.
Working with bright lights
- Naturally illuminated working area
- Sufficient lighting even in darker rooms
- Perfect illumination of the quilting area
50 bright LED lights along the throat space of the machine and above the needle illuminate the quilt for enhanced visibility.
About the Horn Lift Table
Adjust the quilting position more easily
The Q 16 and Q 20 Lift Table by Horn USA is a powered height-adjustable table with an integrated power strip. The hinged side leaves provide quilters the extra table space needed to quilt the largest quilt projects — and if that’s not enough, add the optional shelf and leaf set for even more space!
The two storage drawers provide ample space to store quilting accessories and the magnetic trays keep pins neat and tidy. Equipped with casters to help move with ease and an overload safety top ensuring a stable platform to quilt upon.
The width and depth varies based on optional accessories.
- Leafs down: 46.5“ wide & 35.75“ deep
- Leafs up: 72“ wide & 35.75“ deep
- Drawer leafs installed: 72“ wide & 50.75“ deep
The Lift Table for Q 16 and Q 20 allows you to choose from customized positions ranging from 29″ to 42″.
In this video tutorial of our instructional series on the BERNINA Q 24 Longarm Quilting Machine we will show you how to stitch with and without the BSR (BERNINA Stitch Regulator) functions.
The dream of creating a machine simple enough for a beginner to master and robust enough for the professional is embodied in the BERNINA Q 20 and Q 24 Longarm machines.
“I really love the way the BERNINA Longarm feels.” Lisa H. Calle knows once you drive a BERNINA Q 24 you don’t want to drive anything else. It glides smoothly over your quilt. It’s easy to program and control. It’s incredibly comfortable to use. Experience the BERNINA difference for yourself today!