Embellish™ Dissolvable Tearaway is for the use of stabilizing fabric when using open-work embroidery designs on lightweight cotton, linen and batiste fabrics. In addition to machine embroidery, it’s perfect for stabilizing heirloom quality fabric while adding decorative stitches and wing-needle work. This tearaway away is manufactured using partial tear away stabilizer plus water soluble stabilizer, leaving the right part of your design stabilized without bulk, resulting in very little stabilizer showing through lightweight fabrics.
To remove Embellish™ Dissolvable Tearaway, dampen the back of the stabilizer and gently pull away without distorting the design. Another added benefit of this product is the water-soluble portion eliminates the countless hours of picking out stabilizer remnants. Also available in a fusible version.
To use Embellish Dissolvable Tearaway:
- Hoop one layer of the stabilizer within the frame with the garment or fabric. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the embroidery frame.
- Embroider the design. *Tip – If the design is denser than 8,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for design size), float an additional layer of Embellish Dissolvable Tearaway between the hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 8,000 stitches for added support!
- Remove the hoop from the machine and from the garment.
- Tear away as much of the Embellish Dissolvable Tearaway stabilizer as possible *Optional – Wet around the edge of the design using a Q-Tip, sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer. Wait about 5 seconds to allow the water to activate the water soluble portion of the stabilizer.
- Stabilizer remnants will continue to wash out in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.