Creating this Over-the-Rainbow Pillow Project is a great way to get acquainted with threading your serger!
Get completely comfortable with threading and stitching the Cover Stitch. You’ll learn to use regular and decorative serger threads on your Baby Lock Ovation to make a fun 16” x 16” pillow project!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Created by: Stephanie Struckmann, Baby Lock Video Coordinator
• Baby Lock® Ovation Serger
• Serger Cording Foot 5mm (BLE8-CF)
• Baby Lock® sewing machine
• Narrow Zipper Foot (ESG-ZF) or Pearl and Piping Foot (ESG-PP)
• Rainbow Colors of serger thread (2-3 of each color)
• Rainbow Colors of Decorative Threads (1 of each)
• Purple Thick/Decorative Thread (like a jeans thread)
• Optional: Variegated Blended Color Decorative Threads
• 1 Spool of Polyester Sewing Thread to Match Fabric
• 1.5 Yards of Home Décor Fabric (for pillow front and back and bias strips for cording)
• 19” Square Piece of Lightweight Fusible Interfacing
• 65” of 3mm-5mm Filler Cord (for cording)
• 16” Pillow Form
Once you’ve completed this pillow project, the hard part will be where you’re going to showcase the finished project! I know what will happen at my house — our daughter will make off with it! Happy serging!