Fee of $249 includes:
- 3 FULL DAYS of Hands-On Serger Instruction & Fun!
- Personalized instruction by Sue Green Baker, one of the nation’s leading serger instructors
- All fabrics, notions and threads to complete all 3 workbooks during the event.
- Use of serger without any rental or usage fees.
- 3 days of lunches, snacks and refreshments … and plenty of chocolate too!
BONUS: B-Sew Inn is providing a printed copy of the 100 page workbooks for each student. Typically students are asked to print and bring with them to class. To make this event even better, we will have your workbook waiting for you when you arrive to class.
Most Serge-A-Thon’s require you to bring regular serger threads, scissors, decorative threads and feet. B-Sew Inn will be providing all of these items for you, including pens to add notes to your workbook along with sheet protectors and binders! All you need to bring is your smile and excitement to learn all about serging!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- When to Serge & When to Sew
- Threading 4-thread stitch
- Stitch width
- Stitch length
- Differential feed
- Fine tuning option for tensions
- Machine parts
- Machine accessories that come with serger
- Needle and thread information
- Proper fabric handling techniques
- On and off in the middle of the seam
- Serging inside and outside corners
- Reinforced seams
- Open 5/8” seams
- French seams
- Flat-felled seams
- Bias bound seams
- How to serge elastic “The Factory Method”
- How to use the elastic accessory foot
- How to use the gathering accessory foot
- How to make piping/cording
- Using decorative threads - from the light to heavy weights
- 3-thread stitch
- Rolled hem stitch uses
- Seams in lace and chiffon
- 2-thread flatlock stitch
- The “Wave” stitch
- The Napkin “Trick” let the serger cut them out!
- Serger pintucks
- Serger crochet edging
- Lettuce edges
- Vanishing rolled hems
- Using the Coverhem and Chain Stitch
- Coverhem threading technique
- Making hems, in three widths
- Decorative coverhems
- Attaching lingerie elastic
- Attaching lingerie lace
- Coverhem shadow stitch
- Shirring over elastic
- Understanding the coverhem accessories
- Using the chain stitch
- Removing the chain stitch
- Decorative chain stitches
- Setting the machine to a 2-thread flat- lock stitch
Please be sure to select the location you plan on attending. The events are listed in chronological order.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class time for registration.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided by B-Sew Inn. Please contact Chelsey Jones at Chelsey.email@example.com with any special dietary needs.
Please bring a sweater or light jacket with you, in case the room temperature is colder than you prefer.
- Additional Information
Location Fayetteville, Springfield Instructor Sue Green Baker
Sue Green BakerSue Green Baker is one of the nation's leading serger experts.