Learning to use your new serger or creating a quick project that you can complete in a day is the perfect way to spend a hot summer afternoon. Grab yourself a glass of sweet tea and break our your Baby Lock serger for this beginner serger project!
Liven any picnic table with this bright, floral table runner. With eye-catching fabric and Baby Lock’s Exclusive Wave Stitch, this table runner is the perfect complement to your summer décor.
- Baby Lock Enlighten or Evolution
- 1 Spool Madeira Aerolock serger thread
- 2 Spools decorative serger thread in contrasting colors
- All-purpose thread to match fabrics
- ½ yard blue cotton print
- ½ yard floral cotton print
- Iron and Ironing board
- Seam sealant
- Cut two 18” square pieces from the blue print fabric.
- Cut two 18” square pieces from the floral print fabric.
- Thread the serger for a 3-thread wave stitch with the decorative threads in the upper and lower looper.
- Align one side of one blue print square to one blossom square with wrong
sides together. Serge the two together using the wave stitch.
- Continue adding squares alternating the colors.
- Once all the squares are connected, serge across the ends. Press the seams down.
- Then serge both long sides.
- Place a drop of seam sealant on the serger tails. Once dry clip the excess threads.
Day Trip Summer Staycation
Have you visited Robbers Cave State Park? It’s time to pack up your fun table runner and plan a picnic at the park!
Robbers Cave State Park is located in the scenic, hilly woodlands of the Sans Bois Mountains of southeast Oklahoma. This park is a favorite of rappellers, equestrians, hikers and outdoor lovers. The park and adjoining wildlife management area offers acres of discovery and enjoyment including trout fishing in season, hunting, miles of hiking and equestrian trails, rugged cliffs for climbing and fall foliage viewing.
While you’re there, don’t forget to climb aboard the Belle Starr Express, a miniature train that will take visitors on a scenic 30 minute trip around the park.
Robbers Cave also enjoys notoriety as a former hideout for outlaws Jesse James and Belle Starr.