Everyone loves oversized towels to take to the beach and the pool, and this beginner serger project will teach you how to make your own out of washcloths. It’s also a great way to practice piecing with your serger.
Towel By: Simple Simon and Company
- Baby Lock® Evolution serger — you’ll need the 4 thread stitch
- 4 cones serger thread — available at your favorite B-Sew Inn location
- 15 washcloths in assorted colors – arranged in 5 rows of 3
Thread the serger for a 4-thread stitch. Refer to your machine reference chart for settings.
Then you simply serge the washcloths all together to make your rows. To make the one shown, work in this order:
- Serge square 1 to square 2 then square 2 to square 3
- Serger square 4 to square 5 then square 5 to square 6
- Seger square 7 to square 8 then square 8 to square 9
- Serger square 10 to square 11 then square 11 to square 12
- Serge square 13 to square 14 then square 14 to square 15
Now that you have the rows made, serge the rows together.
- Serge row A to row B
- Serge row D to row E
- Serge row B to row C
- Serge row C to row D
That’s it, you’re finished!
Day trip to Turner Falls, Oklahoma!
Turner Falls Park in Davis, OK is an adventurous and family-friendly annual destination nestled in the Arbuckle Mountains and home to a 77ft waterfall. Our park is open 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm.
Not only is the 77ft waterfall and cold refreshing streams beautiful but Turner Falls also has hiking trails, caves to explore, camp sites, cabin rentals, great food, and so much more to see in the heart of the Arbuckle Mountains! Wildlife are often spotted around the park and in the winter the streams are stocked with trout offering some of the best trout fishing in the state!